Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers, are specially designed to cover the front surface of the tooth. These veneers are thin shells produced from materials that are tooth-coloured. Porcelain veneers aim at improving the look of your teeth by offering a natural appearance. Porcelain veneers are attached to the front surface of the teeth due to which they can significantly change the size, shape, length and colour of the teeth.
Generally, dental veneers are made up of a variety of materials including resin as well as porcelain, but dental veneers composed of porcelain are more common due to the many benefits they offer compared to other varieties. Dental professionals recommend using porcelain veneers as they provide better resistance to stains and function like natural teeth. However, one of the benefits of resin veneers is that dental experts do not require removing too much of the tooth’s surface to place the veneer on the tooth. Therefore, it is very important to consult your dentist to discuss about the options that will work best for you.
How To Know If Porcelain Veneers Are The Best Option For You
Before going for porcelain veneers, it is extremely important to make sure if veneer placement is the right option for you. There are a number of dental problems that require the placement of porcelain veneers as a treatment option. If you are experiencing any of the dental problems discussed below, then you should think about discussing the placement of porcelain veneers with your dental expert:
- Tooth discolouration is a serious oral health condition. Tooth discolouration doesn’t only affect a person’s dental health but the condition has serious impact on their self-esteem as well. Tooth discolouration might occur due to root canal treatment, too much use of some medications or certain other factors. So, if you are a sufferer of tooth discolouration, then considering porcelain veneers as a treatment can be a good option.
- Are you suffering from worn down teeth? If so, consider porcelain veneers as an effective solution.
- People who have broken or chipped teeth can also go for porcelain veneers. This will not only fix their dental problem, but will also boost their self-confidence by giving them the perfect teeth they have always desired.
- Porcelain veneers can also be considered as a treatment option for tooth misalignment.
- Having gaps between teeth or abnormal spacing between the teeth is a genetic oral health condition. People with abnormal teeth spacing often find it difficult to smile confidently. If you are one of the sufferers of abnormal teeth spacing, you should consider porcelain veneers as a treatment option.
- Porcelain veneers are best at giving your teeth a natural appearance.
- The gum tissue easily tolerates veneers that are composed of porcelain.
- These veneers provide a better resistance to stains compared to the other varieties.
How To Care For Porcelain Veneers
Normally, the life of porcelain veneers is 4 to 10 years, after which they require replacement. However, porcelain veneers do not need special care. After getting porcelain veneers, you only need to follow a daily oral healthcare routine while visiting your dentist very four to six months.